Friday, June 5, 2009

Starting Over

Well, I need to restart my blog I guess. I was blogging on Yahoo 360 for a couple of years, and now they are closing it. I exported it, but not one blogger will except the file...so I guess it is time to let it go and start with the new. I just recreated this webpage, so I guess it is time to recreate this blog. If you want to read the old blogs, for now you can still read them. Simply click on the link below that says "Read More".



Reenchanted Earth is a company I created to sell my artwork several years ago. Many try to put a label on my work, and that is something I have tried to distance myself from. After being pressed by people for several years, I guess you could call my work Shamanic. I always have loved hiking in the woods...since I was a little girl. There was a canyon behind our local school, and I often would go hiking all over it with friends or by myself. Being outdoors was mystical to me, and I always saw colors swirling through everything. After my divorce, I decided to break some rules, and I let my two loves begin to express themselves through my artwork. My blog often discusses the inspirations for my art, the stories that come through as I paint, and some of the lessons I learn along the way.



Things have been changing whether I want it to or not. A fellow friend that is well loved in this town, Randy, passed away while we were in Moab for the art festival. He was the biggest teddy bear with the biggest heart that just couldn't hold out any longer. We are so going to miss you.



Then I was sure our 11 month old puppy was going to die. It seems that while Bill was walking him, he let him go running through the irrigation ditches like he always does, and Grizz ate a bunch of grass. Well, our local weed killers just sprayed the ditches without our knowing, and Grizzy Bear was poisoned by it. After three horrible nights, he is back to normal. He is bouncing off the walls, and chasing the soccer ball over the place thank goodness!



Things have been busy. I did a show in Taos and in Moab, and both were good despite the economy. I love the chance to meet new people, see old friends, and make new friends. What I love the most is how kids react to my art. That is the best gift of all.....I start doing the Telluride Farmer's and Artisan's Market a week from today. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my friends, laughing, and reconnecting with my customers and friends up in the east end of the county. The mountains are so beautiful up there.



I am currently going through a dry, artistic period. I feel like so many issues in my life are draining me of all of my creative energy. However, the great thing is I did completely revamp my webpage. I think it has a much more professional look to it, and I am quite happy with it. Check it out at www.reenchantedearth.com.



I know these dry spells are important to the creative process. Sometimes you need to completely empty yourself of everything to make room for something new, but it sure drives me nuts. Staring at the paper while holding a pastel and nothing flows...it is more than challenging. However, today while sleeping, an image came to me...so there is hope. A seedling is sprouting? I have been patinaing copper as well. I really want to paint on copper. I love the look and feel of it. Bill collects it for me at job sites...the stuff the guys are throwing away if you can believe that! I am creating some small pieces that you can hang in front of a window or hang on your rearview mirror. They will be hand painted and have some Tibetan Buddhist script written on them...some of my favorite chants...so ideas are there...I may need to go out to Lowry next week and recharge myself. I will write more about that later if I go.

At least everything around me is blooming. Maybe I just haven't come out of winter yet! hahahaha. It is time for this bear to wake up!



Well, until later, check out my webpage at www.reenchantedearth.com and let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments: